Information on accessibility
Information for people with walking disabilities or in a wheelchair, families with strollers, etc.
Please notify us in advance by e-mail or phone so that we can make the appropriate arrangements, such as provide a ramp. Advance notice, as well as a personal care assistant, is also advisable for visiting public events such as guided tours, workshops, readings, etc.
Please note that we have no wheelchairs, walking aids, or strollers as loan equipment on offer. The folding stools available in some of our museums, however, can be used as walking aid.
• Unfortunately there is NO elevator to the top floor (special exhibition area), so only the ground floor (permanent exhibition) can be visited in a wheelchair.
• An accessible restroom is available.
• There is a small threshold at the entrance, and the doors drag slightly.
• The passage through the garden to the Willy Brandt House can only be accessed via stairs.
• The information boxes and the interactive table are not wheelchair accessible.
Information for visually impaired and blind persons
• Guide dogs are welcome in all our houses.
• Unfortunately, we have no guidance systems, no texts in braille, and no other aids at the museums yet.
Information for hearing impaired or deaf persons
• Unfortunately, we have no hearing loops or audio guide systems yet to transmit signals to hearing aids.
• We are also not yet able to offer guided tours in sign language.
Information for persons with cognitive impairments
Unfortunately, we have no information texts in plain language yet apart from easily understandable information addressed to children. Our museum guides can hold guided tours by prior appointment and according to prior arrangement.
Our goal: Museum for everyone
We endeavour to continuously improve the accessibility of our museums. Many of the buildings are classified as historical monuments, making structural modifications difficult if not impossible. We hope for your understanding.
If you see any further barriers in our museums that are not listed here, please let us know.