General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Scope of application
For the business relationship between the Cultural Foundation Hanseatic City of Lübeck and the customer, the following General Terms and Conditions in the version valid at the time of the order shall apply exclusively. The Cultural Foundation does not recognize any deviating conditions of the purchaser or buyer unless it has expressly agreed to their validity in writing.
§ 2 Conclusion of Contract and Withdrawal
(1) The contractual partner for all orders is the Kulturstiftung Hansestadt Lübeck, Mengstr. 4, 23552 Lübeck.
Acceptance of the order is effected by sending the goods.
(2) Should it happen that an ordered item does not meet your requirements, we will grant you the right to exchange or return the item within 14 days of receipt of the goods. Please return the goods in the original packaging and in perfect, unused condition together with the invoice to the Kulturstiftung Hansestadt Lübeck/ Günter Grass-Haus Shop, Glockengießerstr. 21, 23552 Lü̈beck.
There is no right of revocation for books, audio or video recordings, e.g. CDs, radio play cassettes, video cassettes, DVDs, which have been unsealed by the customer
(3) A credit note will be issued upon receipt of the goods by the Cultural Foundation. Should items you wish to return have been soiled or damaged, we reserve the right not to credit the full purchase price.
(4) Books are price-bound. The sales price is set by the publishers. Our information on goods and prices within the scope of the ordering process is given to the best of our knowledge and belief, but can only be non-binding due to the price fixing.
(5) In the event that the goods are not available, we cannot execute the order and reserve the right to withdraw from the contract. If the supplier does not supply the Kulturstiftung with the ordered goods, the Kulturstiftung is also entitled to withdraw from the contract. We will inform you as soon as possible.
(6) We will only deliver special offers while stocks last.
§ 3. Delivery
(1) Delivery will be made as soon as possible to the delivery address you have specified, unless otherwise agreed.
(2) We are entitled to make partial deliveries.
(3) Information about the delivery time is not binding, unless we have expressly guaranteed a specific delivery date.
§ 4 Dispatch
(1) Orders will be sent in a single parcel by post if possible. Unless the order contains items that have to be packed separately, transported in different ways or are available at a later date. This does not cause any disadvantages for the customer. The additional postage and packaging costs will be borne by the Cultural Foundation.
Delivery will be made as soon as possible. Should an item not be available, you will be notified. Our delivery is subject to the proviso that we ourselves are supplied correctly and on time. Compensation for late delivery is excluded.
(2) Within Germany, we charge a flat rate for shipping and handling depending on the order value of 6 Euro for an order value of up to 100 Euro. If the order value is higher, we deliver free of charge.
§ 5 Retention of title
The goods remain the property of the Kulturstiftung Hansestadt Lübeck until full payment has been received.
(Retention of title according to § 455 BGB).
§ 6 Payment options
You can only pay by bank transfer, this also applies to customers with residence outside the Federal Republic of Germany. The Cultural Foundation reserves the right to exclude certain methods of payment in individual cases.
In the event of late payment, interest will be charged at a rate of 5% above the base rate of the European Central Bank. Goods ordered for collection in the shops must be paid for in cash or by card (exception: American Express). It is not possible for private individuals to take the goods on a delivery note. In the event that a direct debit is returned or not honoured, in particular also after an objection, you irrevocably authorise and instruct your bank to inform us or a service company commissioned by us of your current address. You must reimburse us for all fees (Rü̈cklastgebühren of the bank and address information) incurred in connection with dishonoured direct debits.
§ Section 7 Liability
If delivered articles should have obvious material or manufacturing defects, including transport damage, please complain about such defects immediately to us or the deliverer.
For all other defects occurring during the legal warranty period, the legal claims for supplementary performance, for removal of defects / new delivery as well as, if the special legal requirements are met, the further claims for reduction or withdrawal as well as compensation for damages apply,